Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday Confessional

I confess....I am so incredibly proud of Davids brother, Jeff! He was just hired as a 4th grade teacher in Davis District. He barely graduated in December so getting a job in January is an incredible thing. I was so excited and happy that I almost cried. He's like part of our family....ok, I realize that he IS part of our family but I mean part of our immediate family. I am so excited for him, for the school that gets him, and for the students. He will be a great teacher!

I confess....I have watched Alice in Wonderland 3 times already today. Once Shelby gets hooked on a movie, she really gets hooked! I am not one who hates watching the same movie over and over so it doesn't really bother me at all.

I confess....I don't really mind grocery shopping, but I hate putting the groceries away. I honestly put away anything perishable and leave the rest in the trunk until David can get to it. I figure if I do the shopping (which he hates) he can put it all away. :)

I confess....I am getting really excited about the possibility of Disneyland. We have been saving all our change and now that we are past the holidays we are saving our weekly budget left overs too. In a few short weeks we have saved about $200 and I am hoping we can keep the momentum going so we can FINALLY make it back to the magical kingdom. I say "finally" but I think that is just the addictive quality of Disneyland talking. I didn't go to Disneyland until I was 25 years old and my girls both went before they were even 5 years old so they are spoiled rotten! (Or has Kadence says, they are "rotten eggs")

1 comment:

  1. How old was Shelby the first time you took the girls to Disneyland? I really want to take Carter to Disneyland this year but I want to make sure he'd be old enough to enjoy it. He'd be 3 by the time we'd go.

    My first time at Disneyland was to perform when I was 17 (I didn't get to see much of the park that trip.) My first REAL visit to Disneyland was on my honeymoon. I want to take Carter to Disneyland many many times while he is still young enough for it to be magical! I missed out on the wonder & magic of the park, so I want to take Carter to experience it while he is still young.

    ReplyDelete