Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Shelby!!!

Today was Shelby's 4th Birthday and she was SO excited. She woke up a half hour earlier than usual and came in to wake me up by saying, "Do you know what today is?!" She has been waiting for this day for weeks now and was thrilled it had finally come. We had our usual birthday breakfast of donuts which was more tasty than usual because we got Krispy Kremes. After breakfast it was time to get ready for church. I put her favorite black tank top on her so she could wear her favorite color. I stopped real quick to grab a picture of her with her balloons.

After church we let her open a few more gifts from mom and dad. She was thrilled to see she got the Captain America movie! And she's excited to take a bath tomorrow with her Captain America loofas.
She also loved the gift that I felt she HAD to have. Luckily for us it went on clearance after Christmas so we saved over 50%.
They are seriously the best sisters I know! Kadence has spent the whole day being just as excited for her sister as she is for her own birthday. She has tried to be extra nice you can tell without us even prompting her to be.
After presents we headed to Grandma and Grandpa Joys for her birthday dinner. She chose: Grilled Cheese and 3 kinds of ice cream (Also known as Neapolitan) Grandma and Grandpa elaborated a little and added strawberries, carrots and celery because they knew she would be excited. Grandpa also made her a cake. She had a great time with family, opened a few more presents, and immediately after leaving decided we needed to watch her new movie. She didn't make it to far into the movie before she was completely OUT. Kadence on the other hand was disappointed that we had to turn it off so she could get to bed at a decent time.
I love Shelby so much and can't imagine life without her. She was definitely supposed to be here because David and I weren't planning on me having another pregnancy. I'm glad God had a different plan because she brings so much energy and excitement to our home. I constantly say that if I didn't have a boy, at least I have a Shelby. She loves most things that would be classified as a 'boy' thing, loves the color black, she's adventurous, doesn't mind getting hurt if it was fun, likes bugs, monsters, and all things creepy. On the other side, she is definitely girly. She looks best in bright pink, is very tender hearted, loves to snuggle with her mommy, loves to help me cook.....well, she loves to help with anything really, loves to make people happy and loves her sister very much! She is such a sweet girl. The phrases she says most are "Guess What? CHICKEN BUTT!", "Sank you Sank you!" (thank you), "Can I help?" and "Why?" She is so incredibly smart and LOVES knowing different facts about things, especially animals. She likes to know why and how things work and she remembers some of the most random information she's heard or seen on tv. I love her so much and she will always be my Shelby Delby Doo.

1 comment:

  1. She is a doll and it looks like mama gave her a wonderful birthday! her pictures on facebook looked so fun I wanted to come and play! :)

    ReplyDelete