Sunday, January 8, 2012

Really Random...

Today I have had a bunch of really random thoughts that normally would have made it to the Facebook status but since I am trying to FB less, I figured I'd put them on here. It seems that once I get my thoughts out I can finally relax.

First of all...Something someone said in Sunday School today drove me crazy. The fact nobody (myself included) said anything about it also drove me crazy. Someone said, "Paying your tithing is a way to secure your status with the church." To me tithing is between yourself, the bishop and the Lord, so how does it affect your "status" with the church? Secondly, there is no "status" in the church. We aren't compared to one another, we are only judged on our own actions, efforts and struggles. It REALLY bothered me. Luckily, that was one persons opinion and this is simply my opinion. (This would have NEVER been a FB status by the way)

Next, I absolutely feel that I have the best kids ever! My kids clear their plates from the table without being asked, throw away their own garbage without being asked, say sorry when they bump into you, usually use their manners, love each other, play well together, are best friends, and so much more! If they get a privilege taken away the don't cry about it, they simply understand that it was a consequence of their actions. For example: Shelby kept shoving 2 feet into one slipper today. David told her that she couldn't wear her slippers for the rest of the day. This is a huge deal because she absolutely loves her slippers. She simply went and put them where shoes go and went on with her day. No biggie, it's crazy. Then later tonight she went to put them on and I reminded her she couldn't wear them and all she said was "oh yeah" and went on playing. I honestly love my kids to death!

Having said that I love my kids to death and they are amazing doesn't mean they don't push my buttons. I get to the point that I just want to scream or lock myself in my room. Time away is fantastic and always much needed. I sometimes feel that I am too honest with my Love/annoyed/Love relationship with my kids. I am pretty blunt and straight forward about sometimes wanting to smack their mouths, lock them in their room, etc. (For the record I haven't ever spanked or smacked my kids) I am honest because I KNOW I am not alone. I don't think we do anyone a service by hiding the fact that we get frustrated with our kids. I think it is so helpful when someone else says "I've had days like that too." Just to know you aren't alone is such a nice thing. So if you ever hear me being brutaly honest just know that I DO indeed love my girls very much. I don't know what I would do without them, they are my world!

Almost every Sunday David and I are able to take about an hour nap. The girls just go in Kadences room and play. Its fantastic!

I may have bought a few too many prizes for Shelbys carnival birthday party. I went down to organize all of her birthday things since her birthday is 3 weeks away and I said "Oops!" Oh well, the more the merrier! THEN I went to decide what would be given as prizes for games and what would already be in their goodie bags. I finally figured it all out and then I couldn't find the bags I had bought. I am freaking out and hoping that I can find them because they were the perfect size for a day at the carnival and I got them for a steal of a deal. I'm a tad bit stressed by the whole thing.


Lastly, I am so happy that I have such a fantastic husband. He treats me well, helps with the house, helps cook, and is the best dad ever! The best part is that the girls see his example of how a man should treat a woman and hopefully they will have high standards when they start dating.

1 comment:

  1. Just thought you should know I get frustrated with my kids too. ;-) And your girls are pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete