Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cast free!!

Yesterday Kadence was able to get her cast off...YIPEE! I don't know if she was more excited or if David and I were. All of us wanted it off. We were going to be getting it off on Wednesday along with getting her new brace, but her Dr approved her getting it off early so she could participate in the Clinton days parade with her dance group. We were so excited that she would be able to be in the parade. We got the cast off which takes about 5 minutes, and then enjoyed a few hours in Salt Lake. We got take out from a place called Oasis Cafe and went to a park for brunch. It was delicious. David and I want to go back and sit on the patio and eat.
Kadence ended up needing to go potty and the park didn't have any bathrooms. We hurried back to Shriners because we knew they had clean bathrooms and we were close. It ended up she didn't even have to go....UGH! When we walked into the bathroom there was a grandma changing her little grand baby. Right when we opened the door he said, "HI" I said hi back and quickly got Kadence to the bathroom. Like I said, she didn't even need to go but I still wanted to wash her hands. While we did the boy told us hi again and then told Kadence "Hi baby" He was the cutest little thing and totally stole my heart. I pointed out to Kadence that he had a cast just like her which she loved! Right when I said that his grandma whipped her head around and looked at Kadence. I then had to explain that we had just had her cast removed. It is so weird how it gives comfort to know that someone else is going through the same struggle as you. Of course it is different for every child and every parent, but it is similar. This little boy had such a happy go lucky personality and reminded me so much of Kadence. I thought I actually left there without having my heartwarming experience, but Kadence made it all work out. I love going there and feel so blessed every time we leave.
Here is Kadence and daddy at the park



And my cheesy Shelby

Here is a little sideways video of Kadence right after getting her cast off. Every time she gets it off she is so wiggly and it cracks us up! She just can't sit still because she has been trapped too long. It makes us laugh so tilt your head and enjoy!

After we got home we had to take Shelby to the eye Dr because she has this red eye that won't go away. It isn't pink eye and started getting a film over her cornea so we didn't want to risk any damage. It is a viral infection, but it doesn't follow the normal viral infection patterns. Hopefully it will go away quickly and nobody else gets it. The Dr said if we clean her hands we should be fine in public, but chances are that Kadence will get it because they are around each other constantly sharing toys and touching each other. Here's to hoping!

We bought some squirt guns and went home and filled our kiddie pool and let the girls have fun in the water since they have been missing out so far this summer. They had a blast and can't wait to do it again. I'm so happy that Kadence doesn't have to miss out any longer and that Shelby gets to play in water too. Shelby LOVES water.

2 comments:

  1. So Cute, I am glad she was able to be in the parade. I am sad that we couldn't come to the parade to see her though:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't really have been able to see much of her anyways, she had her head down most of the time to grab more candy to throw. There's always next year!

    ReplyDelete