Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wordy Wednesday on Thursday...Again

The prompt yesterday was: If you had to evacuate your home because of a natural disaster, what 3 things would you take with you?

I haven't ever been good at this question. I have such a hard time deciding what things are most important to me. Here is what I think I would take (Assuming my family is out already):

1- My shoebox of memories from when David and I were dating which is full of little trinkets that probably don't make any sense to anyone else. It also has the first few love notes he gave me, a few movie tickets, a video of him asking me to prom, etc.

2- I would say pictures of my girls, but I have those on the internet now so I would have a few of them throughout their years.....I wouldn't have pictures of me as a child though. I would probably take my baby book so I had pictures of my deceased relatives, and my childhood.

3- My baby blankie. I have it tucked away in a blanket chest, but I have always loved it. I'm a huge blanket person and even snuggle under one in the middle of summer. I LOVE blankets. I have actually passed that on to both girls. I think I would bring my baby blankie to act as comfort to both me and my girls and as a way to have a token from my childhood.

I did it and to be honest if you ask me this question tomorrow it would probably have a different answer.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it took me forever to think of what things were important but replaceable, and what things I couldn't ever get back. Nice thing is my laundry would go away:)

    ReplyDelete