Monday, March 21, 2011

Another Truth...

Ok, here is another truth about me. Sometimes I let my cranky mood get in the way of my kids fun. I have been in a terrible mood all day...not for any reason, just in a bad mood. That usually makes me in a worse mood because I have no reason to be cranky and I can't seem to get happy. It's a vicious cycle. Anyways, I had a big day planned for the girls and I didn't do ANY of it. Kadence has been asking, daily, for over a month if it is Spring yet. She will wake up in the morning and say, "Mom, I think it's warm out...ITS SPRING!" I then have to crush her dreams by telling her its still winter. Well because she was so excited I decided we would make a big deal of it today. We were going to make Spring Funfetti cupcakes, go outside and play with new batons, hoola hoop, color with chalk and I had ordered books to give them as well. They are Dr. Seuss style and one is about butterflies and the other about flowers. It was going to be a great little day, but my mood totally ruined it all. We didn't do ANY of it! I am now thinking we will be doing it all on Wednesday instead since David has school tomorrow night. Sometime around 6 I started feeling bad for my poor kids and had to think of something quick. I know they didn't know the difference, but I did. I figured we could go get a Redbox movie and pop some popcorn and get drinks and do a movie night. When we were at Maverick getting our movie and drinks, they had their movie treats so we grabbed a few to share.

It turned out to be a nice recovery. Shelby earned herself a Sally (From Nightmare Before Christmas) doll for going potty. (Kadence got one too) They then decided they would rather watch Nightmare Before Christmas instead of the rented movie. All together our family movie night was $6! Sadly I don't always realize that my kids are missing out until they are already in bed. I feel terrible that I let my mood interfere with my children's enjoyment. I guess it's something else I can add to my list of things to improve upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment