Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Disneyland on Skates"

So both my girls have been begging me to go to Disneyland. They pretend they are Disneyland and pretend to ride the teacups with their toys. I keep telling them that Disneyland costs too much money so recently Kadence said, "Can we just go to Disneyland on Skates?" She remembers us going to Disney on Ice and I guess that will be sufficient for her. I told her we'd have to see. Well when I found out that it would have Jack Skelington I knew we would HAVE to go. My girls are obsessed with Nightmare Before Christmas and LOVE Jack. Shelby is more obsessed than Kadence, but it makes me laugh. I never thought that would be one of their favorite movies. We took frontrunner down because we can ride for free since we are students. Jeff came with us just like last time because watching the girls as their favorite characters come onto the ice is priceless.






My sister, Rachel, and niece, Kylah joined us for the adventure.






I tried to get a family picture, but since we had already given the girls their sno cone cups, it was VERY difficult to get them to look at the camera.






Kylah couldn't wait to get to her seat before starting in on her sno cone!





Shelby sat like this for almost the first half hour of the show....only stopping in anticipation for Jack!


I didn't get a picture of Kadence smiling with her cup, but she really did LOVE her Tinkerbell cup.


Getting a cup was something that I always did when I was younger. My mom used to take me to Disney On Ice in April for an early birthday present. (My birthday is in May) I always got a cup to remember the trip and I still have them downstairs in a box. I told David this at our first Disney On Ice and he was indifferent to the idea. Once we got there and saw the girls faces he knew it would be a tradition for us as well. We all have a Cinderella mug. David, Kadence and I have a Stitch mug and Shelby chose a Flounder mug. This time everyone got Mickey except for Kadence. Its a fun little tradition to pass down. Not only do we get mugs, but now if you pay a few dollars more you get a cool fancy straw. We now have Cinderella straws, Mickey straws, and Stitch straws too.
As I said before, we knew Jack was going to make an appearance. Shelby was SO excited! We also knew Jasmine and Aladdin would be there which had Kadence VERY excited. In the beginning all the princesses came out for a little while. Kadence could have gone home right then and been a very happy girl. Shelby wanted Jack! She kept saying, "Come on Jack!" It had me rolling! Then they had a section with Alice and the Mad Hatter. Shelby had asked me earlier that day if Alice would be there and I told her no, so I thought she would be excited....NOPE! All she wanted was Jack.
FINALLY, the time had come.....Nightmare Before Christmas music started....Shelby went nuts! It was like seeing a girl meet her teen pop idol for the first time! "My Jack....SQUEAL....My Jack....SQUEAL" She was SO excited and so disappointed when he was gone.
Overall it was a very successful adventure and it will hold my girls off until our next Disneyland trip. I am hoping that we can go in July or August, but we'll have to see. David is working the summer so that we can have the extra money to go but it doesn't mean things will go as planned. Hopefully they do because anyone who has seen their child in Disneyland knows it's TOTALLY worth every penny and every stress!

1 comment: