Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Confessional

FINALLY a Friday Confessional on a Friday!

I CONFESS...when getting dressed it sometimes turns into a crying fit. Especially lately. I know I wear PJ's all day, but when I leave the house I'm usually able to put some jeans on. With the brace it's more difficult and less comfortable so my only option is PJ's. I tried jeans, but I have to do squats basically to get them up, zipped, and buttoned. Since I can't bend my leg I can't wear them. I do have looser jeans, but then they get bunched up and wrinkled in the brace. I have always thrown fits over the way my clothes fit. A shirt can fit great one day and the next day, drive me absolutely crazy. I have gotten SO much better over the past few years, but lately I've resorted to my old fit throwing ways. (Wow that's an embarrassing confession)

I CONFESS...I feel terrible for anyone who is in a wheelchair who wants to go to the movies. I seriously struggled like crazy to get past people and get to my seat. THEN I had to go potty! Luckily the people in my row weren't there yet so I didn't have to clear the whole row. When I got to the bathroom there was a nice lady who held the door open for me. So sweet! On the way out I wasn't as fortunate. I'm sure it was quite the show seeing me try to open the door and get through it. I have always been mindful of those with disabilities, but I think I will go out of my way to be more helpful in the future.


I CONFESS...I am terrible at decorating my house. I try, but I definitely don't do a great job. I'm working on this skill bit by bit and hope one day I can be a grandma with a cute house full of decorations for my grandkids to break!

I CONFESS...I love Salt Water taffy. I like almost all flavers, but it has to be 'Sweets' brand. Luckily that's the more common brand in Utah. It reminds me of hiking when I was little. My mom would put treats and snacks in fanny packs for each of us kids and I remember taffy was always one of the treats. It often came with the instruction 'make sure you don't drop your wrapper.' My mom was always a strong advocate for leaving nature cleaner than you found it. That's a skill I hope to teach my kids.

I CONFESS...I am always worried about what people think of me. I NEVER was until I became a mom. I figured people could like me...or not, but it didn't really bother me. I was able to be 100% ME all the time. I'm working hard to get back to that place because that's when I was truly happy. I don't exactly try to be someone I'm not, but I don't give 100% of myself in any situation and have gotten more reserved. I'm hoping to change this soon because I like me.

1 comment:

  1. Your confession about caring about what people think makes me laugh because I'm exactly the opposite. Sure I care what people think sometimes when it comes to my mothering abilities, but I used to care so much about what people think about me. Not so much anymore. I think I owe that to Cody because he has helped me relax and only worry about what those close to me think. It's only their opinions that I really want anyways. I think I have just learned to not care anymore. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

    ReplyDelete