Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Heartbreaking Prayer

Tonight as Kadence knelt beside me I had to choke back the tears as she said the most heartbreaking prayer. I can't remember the EXACT words, but this is the basic idea:

'Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day. Thank you for helping mommy to get better and not have a hurt on her leg. Thank you for helping her be strong. Thank you for helping our family all be strong and not have to wear casts...except me because my back is crooked and I want to grow up. Even though a cast is frustrating sometimes. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.'

Seriously?! I hate that she has to go through so much, I wish she didn't have to. I hate seeing her struggle. Although she is such an amazing example to me and such a tough girl. Right when she was finished Shelby walked over and gave her the biggest hug and said, 'That was a good prayer.' I am so truly blessed to have such awesome kids, but I never thought I would look up to them both at such young ages.

3 comments:

  1. They are the sweetest, strongest girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so sweet and so close to her Heavenly Father!!! Isn't it amazing the things our kids teach us?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's pretty awesome. I admit that I got teary eyed reading it. I love it when their little spirits are so strong and strengthen our testimonies instead of the other way around.

    ReplyDelete