Sunday, July 10, 2011

More Things Our Kids Have Said...

So Shelby is a really strange little girl. She LOVES all things villains. She loves anything creepy or twisted. She likes fire. Tonight we were able to add another thing to the list of things that separate her from other little girls. We were playing Kadence's new Pinkalicious game that we gave her for her birthday. Things were going well until David rolled Pinkalicious's little brother Peter. When you roll "Peter", Peter comes and eats one of your cupcakes. Since the object of the game is to get your cupcake pan full of cupcakes this is not a good thing. After that, Shelby was dying to roll "Peter." I explained to her that if she rolled "Peter" she wouldn't win. She then said, "I like to lose, I really want Peter so I can lose" She seriously is one of the most unique little girls I have ever met. She keeps us laughing that's for sure.

Another thing said tonight came from Kadence. David was brushing her teeth when she told him, "Since you and mom aren't having any more babies you need to pick some out so you can name them." This really caught him off guard because we haven't really discussed us not having any more babies with the girls. David and I don't want to have any more biological babies because it isn't really good for my health, but we haven't really explained any of that to the girls. I figured there would come a time when Kadence or Shelby would ask us to have another baby, or tell us they wanted a little brother or sister. It was like Kadence just knew somehow and it will be interesting to see what our future holds. I have wanted to adopt another child, but it is far too expensive for us to do so I just put it to the back of my mind. It's one of my "when I get rich and famous, I'm going to..." I know the girls would be great helpers and would love another sibling to death. They love babies! I am a little worried because she is so incredibly in tune with the spirit and it freaks me out that she may know more than we do. I wanted one more not "some more." We'll see how our life turns out I guess.

Kadence LOVES to pray. She says almost every family prayer and we just let her do it herself. Sometimes she says things that are funny, like mentioning Disneyland, but usually all she does is show thanks. She doesn't really ask for much, and the only thing I can remember her asking for is that we can "not be sick." It's really strange how mature her little mind is. She has thanked our Heavenly Father for hospitals, and Dr's that can help people to feel better. She has thanked Him for letting Jesus help the kids in heaven. She has also thanked Him for helping kids to not be scared. It's so strange to me because we haven't ever said those things in our prayers, yet somehow she knows. She is one spiritual little girl and she has big things in store for her I'm sure of it!

Shelby is such a sweetheart...despite her interest in villains. She tells David when he gets home from work, "Mommy's leg still has a hurt." It's like when she wakes up she hopes to see me walking as usual around the house and then is disappointed when she realizes I am still in a brace. Every time I get up to go somewhere she completely clears the way for me. She is so mindful and aware, and is so super sweet. When her and Kadence play with their toys, one of them tends to have a hurt leg now. It's crazy to me that these past two weeks have been such an impact on them as well. Both her and Kadence are always so willing to do anything I ask of them lately, all I have to do is start my sentence with "Can you girls be mommy's helpers?" and they both jump up to help immediately. They have even fought over who gets to help me. I am so lucky to have a husband who leads by example. He thanked them for helping me while he was at the store tonight and Kadence immediately replied with, "Thank you dad for helping mommy." I have some of the most caring kids in the world. (Not that they are always super sweet or easy to deal with)

No comments:

Post a Comment