Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Confessional

I CONFESS...I love my kids and I love my husband, but being stuck in the house with them non stop is driving me CRAZY! I need to get away every now and again to have some "ME" time. It makes me a much better mom and an even better wife. The worst part is, I feel guilty for needing me time. Shouldn't I LOVE spending time with the people who mean the most to me? I should be grateful for every minute we have together. I am more grateful and enjoy the time together more if I have had an hour to myself. It doesn't even have to be daily, but weekly or bi weekly works out too. I am so happy I will be getting my brace off in a week so that I can venture out on my own away from everyone....so that I can enjoy the chaos at home and laugh about the little things instead of letting them frustrate me.

I CONFESS....I hate hate hate when people lie. I explained a situation to my sister last night so that I could vent and get over it. When I was done talking she said, "great, your biggest pet peeve" because the story had to deal with someone who wasn't truthful. I HATE when people lie. I just don't get the point. I'm not saying I'm always happy with the truth, because lets face it the truth can hurt. I'm just saying that if you lie and I find out I am not only hurt, but I am angry too. It takes me a lot longer to get over things when people lie than when they are truthful and then I have a hard time trusting them. When I catch people in lies I don't always confront them or ask them why because I hate hearing the denial and excuses. It just makes me more angry. I'm not saying I haven't ever lied because I think we all have, but I make a huge effort to avoid it at all costs.

I CONFESS....I am really intrigued by people with addictions. I have always been interested in why people do what they do and always try to see things from every point of view. I feel people with addictions do reach a point in which they can no longer control their actions, and they need help. Well in all honesty I think that everyone who has overcome addiction has needed help. It might not be a treatment center or group meetings, but help and support from those around them. I love shows like Celebrity Rehab because it gives you a little peek into the minds of those who are trying to overcome their addictions. I have a strange sense of compassion because you can tell they are in so much pain emotionally. It doesn't excuse their behavior, but you can still love them and have hope for them. I don't have addictive tendencies. I haven't ever been addicted to anything really. If I did a behavior I could basically make the conscious decision to stop and that was that. I think that's part of why I am so interested in learning more about it. I feel I need to give a shout out to one of my very best friends for being sober for a year! I love you so very much and am more proud than you will ever know.

I CONFESS....That I feel I need a lighter confession because all of these have kind of been downers. Ummmm.....I love the way my girls laugh when they are so terrified, but so happy. It's that high pitch squeal that turns into a giggle when you push them a little higher on the swing, or when you chase them and they know you are getting closer, or when they know you are coming to tickle them. That is my very favorite noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment