Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Confessional

I CONFESS...I have done TONS better with David gone than I thought I would. We have been away from each other overnight, but only if someone was in the hospital. Plus it was literally only overnight and we saw each other first thing in the morning. This is all after almost 6 years of marriage. Now you can sense why I was anxious to have him gone for 3 nights and 4 days! Originally I wanted us all to go and make trips to the San Diego Zoo and Legoland but his work ended up making them share a room instead of getting their own. We just didn't have enough money for the hotel, our tickets, food and the difference in gas. I was SO upset. I was terrified when I thought I would have both legs working, but when David left I still had my brace and was relying on one crutch to get around. Luckily the girls have been great and I was able to ditch my crutches all together Wednesday. It has made getting around much easier, but the best part is being able to carry things by myself. We have missed our daddy and are excited for him to come home tonight. I'm just really proud of all 3 of us girls for surviving and doing really well too!

I CONFESS...Besides lying I have another big pet peeve. (I guess it goes along with lying) I can't stand when people lie about their kids ages to save a few dollars. Not only is it lying, but it's teaching your kids it's ok to lie in some circumstances. I think parents need to lead by example so if you tell your kids to lie sometimes to get something you want (a cheaper price) how are they supposed to know not to lie to get something they want. Plus the difference is usually less than $5. Is $5 really worth your integrity? I have people who are close to me who do this and although it drives me crazy, I still love them.

I CONFESS...I STILL am having a hard time finding that amazing friend who I can be myself around. I want someone who doesn't mind my messy house, my uncut lawn, my kids messy undone hair. Someone who I can make all the off color jokes I want, who I can be semi offensive...ok probably quite offensive at times, who understands my insecurities and fears and who loves me despite it all. I think those kind of friends are few and far between. I have a few who ate close to this description, but I'm so afraid of offending them and pushing them away that I don't give 100% of me. I'm working on changing this because I shouldn't care. They either like me or they don't.

I CONFESS...I am not an animal lover. I'm really not even an animal liker. People are always shocked and almost offended that I don't enjoy animals. David loves animals so we'll probably get one in the not far future and I will help show it affection and feed it, but I won't love it. I can have an animal and care for it, but if it was gone the next day I wouldn't care. I'm definitely a minority because just about everyone loves some sort of animal and treats it as a member of their family, but I still am not a fan.

1 comment:

  1. Totally with you on the animal confession. I would be fine without anything. Matt and the kids want a dog... it just makes me cringe and slightly gag.

    ReplyDelete