Tuesday, September 6, 2011

As If Kindergarten Wasn't Bad Enough...

My BABY started Preschool today! Isn't there a rule about having such big milestones too close together? First Kindergarten and now preschool? Ugh, I don't like this part of being a mommy. Shelby has been super excited to start school and has waited as patient as she could the past week while Kadence was in school. Today was her turn! We set out her clothes last night and she was able to pick the new shirt of her choice. We had it all laid out....backpack and all. She was a little bit nervous but for the most part extremely excited. This morning she had a VERY hard time being patient. 11:30 couldn't have come fast enough for her. I took some pictures and we loaded into the car. As we were backing out of the driveway, this is how our conversation went:


Shelby: I'm not going to cry mom

Me: Oh good, that makes me happy

Shelby: And I don't want you to cry either because you have pictures.


Seriously? I just can't get enough of her! Here she is all ready to go!


Again, David finds any way possible to be there for the very first day of school. I love that he is such an amazing dad! (The sun was a little bright)
My friend Megan's son was able to get in to the preschool even though it didn't look like he was going to be able to. I was SO excited. Megan and I grew up together, our moms were super close, and so now I am looking forward to spending some 'mom time' with Megan and having our kids grow up together too.

Shelby came out happy, tired and full of stories. Unlike Kadence, she tells me all about her day. They read a story about Monsters. Happy monsters, sad monsters, scary monsters.....but the happy ones were her favorite. She was so excited about the foam visor she made and when we went outside she made sure to wear it. She is such a funny, interesting little girl and I am so happy she enjoys school.

No comments:

Post a Comment