Monday, September 5, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten!

I can NOT believe my baby is old enough to go to Kindergarten! She has been so excited to go and I have been excited for her. The night before the big day she had added a little more stress to her already stressed out mommy. Her retainer of fake teeth that she has had for over a year started falling out. Really? The day before her elementary premiere her teeth have to fall out? She couldn't go to her first day without her front teeth. I was so freaked out! Luckily we have an amazing dentist who was able to sneak us in to the office in the morning so we could still get her to school on time. I wasn't thrilled that I had to get up even earlier, but at least my baby had all her teeth secure!


Here are the girls on our way out for our busy morning

She was seriously BEAMING with excitement on the way to the dentist
Dentist Cam got us back quick and re-cemented her retainer in. We can NOT say enough nice things about him so if you need a pediatric dentist let me know and I'll get you his info!

After the dentist we left for school. It was pretty busy so we parked a little bit away and walked....but not before pictures.


I look really awkward in this picture because I can't completely squat down to their level, but hey that's what happens when you break your knee. And yes, I DO indeed drop my kids off to school in my PJ's. I would whether I had a broken knee or not so don't judge me!

The best part of the first day of school for us is that no matter how difficult it is, David always finds a way to be there. He had another teacher watch his class so that he could be there for the all important first day of Kindergarten. I'm glad he knows how important it is that he be there and that he goes to great lengths to make sure he can be there to send them off on their big day.

She had a fantastic day and was VERY tired when I picked her up. Being at school all day will be an adjustment, but it will be great for her. Plus she happens to have one of the most amazing teachers EVER....her most favorite Aunt Barb! (Miss Joy)

No comments:

Post a Comment