Wednesday, September 14, 2011

FUNNY GIRLS!

So Shelby has been struggling to poop....on the potty. Now she is so nervous about pooping her pants that she will sit on the toilet until I make her come off. (I made her clean herself up once and she did NOT like it) While she was sitting there tonight, she started investigating her body a little. She started yelling something at me so I went into the bathroom. We then had this conversation:


Shelby: MOM, it has a hole in it! (As she is touching herself to show me!)


Me: Honey that is so your pee can come out. It's your vagina. (OK, I know that it isn't her vagina, but I didn't know what else to call it.)


Shelby: My Bagina? I'm scared of Baginas!!!


Me: Honey it's ok, girls have vagina's and daddy has a penis.


Shelby: A Penis? I want to see it!


Me: No honey, you don't look at anyone else's naked body. Then I re-explained only Dr's, mom, dad, and herself can look at her naked body.


Shelby: I don't like Baginas. (She said this like she was so disgusted)


It was so hard not to laugh at her because she was really concerned, kind of freaked out, and VERY serious. Oh I'm so happy to have such a funny story to tell my future son in law!



Another hilarious thing happened tonight. Kadence was invited to a birthday party directly following school. I was a little nervous because Kadence needs a little rest time before doing anything because she is so exhausted when she gets home. I went over some party etiquette on the drive over. (Use your manners, don't throw fits, not everyone can win games, etc) She seemed like she was in a pretty good mood so I left her to have fun. When I went to pick her up the mom then apologized for traumatizing my child. I knew that there was nothing that she could have done to traumatize Kadence, but I was curious. She then explained that Kadence went to the bathroom and everyone went to open presents and sing Happy Birthday. She then realized that Kadence was still gone and went to find her in the bathroom....bawling. Their bathroom door sticks and Kadence couldn't get it open. She got stuck in the bathroom!!! HA HA HA! It makes me laugh so hard! She obviously wasn't too traumatized because she was so happy when I showed up. Even when she told us about the party she never once mentioned getting stuck in the bathroom. When I told her to tell daddy about getting stuck in the bathroom she said, "I got stuck and I freaked out!"


Its days like today that I'm so happy to be a mom because having kids makes your life so entertaining.

1 comment: