Sunday, February 2, 2014

Confession....

I haven't done a Friday Confessional in a long time so here is a Sunday Confessional....

Confession....I hate that my girls got their hair cut.  I think it looks super cute but there are a lot of things that are negative about it.  They look more like twins.  There are less options for doing their hair.  I can't every hurry and throw it in a ponytail.  David can't help me with their hair.  Plus, I miss their long pretty hair.  Luckily hair grows back!!

Confession....I am horrible at school and question daily if I should quit.  I put in so much effort, but I still just have a hard time.  I keep going mostly because I want to set a good example for the girls.  I know in the end it will be worth it, I just wish the end would get closer.  I hate when people ask me how much longer I have because I still have about 3 years until I graduate.  One day, I will be a graduate and I will be so proud that I didn't quit.

Confession....I have watched a full episode of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.  That's right folks, I watched a full 30 minutes of that horrid show.  I wanted to change the channel, but it sucked me in.  

Confession....Moving away has been eye opening.  You learn a lot about relationships.  You learn who really cares.  You learn who is willing to drive a full 50 minutes to see you. You see who expects you to just drive to them if you want to maintain a relationship.  You learn how to make it without babysitters living around the corner.  You learn how to try to build new relationships.  It's been mostly great with a little less than fabulous thrown into the mix.  We have adjusted pretty well and the girls have done great!

Confession....I am going to be starting a new adventure!  I am going to be a CASA Volunteer.  (Court Appointed Special Advocate for Children)  I will basically maintain contact with children who are in abusive or neglectful homes.  I will make house visits, check in with teachers and counselors, communicate with an attorney and then go to court with them.  (And testify on their behalf when needed)  I am so excited!!!  I will start training this month, watch a few court hearing in March, get sworn in at the end of March and then be ready to take my first case.  We decided it would be best if I waited until May to take my first case because I am required to make to home visits per month and I'm not positive I could do that easily while Kadence is in the hospital.  It is something that I am looking forward to doing and will give me a lot of experience if I decided to go into a field with DCFS after I graduate.  


No comments:

Post a Comment