Friday, February 7, 2014

Super Bowl

We had a pretty uneventful Super Bowl this year.  We were going to be celebrating a baby blessing (Kael) and Shelbys birthday with family but due to almost the entire extended family having medical problems/illnesses both were cancelled.  We had however planned to do something small at home for the Super Bowl anyways.  We had purchased chips and that nasty orange gooey cheese so we could make nachos.  We bought Davids traditional Whoppers and Milk Duds and we also added Sour Patch Kids because it is a new favorite of my girls.  While we were buying our treats Shelby said "What if for Super Bowl we made bowls that were round or square and decorated them so that they would be Super Bowls?"  She thought she was SO funny.  My girls know that it's about football.  They had chosen the Broncos as their team, but she just is a silly kid.  We started our day putting together a puzzle Shelby got as a birthday present.  It was a lot of fun and we all look forward to more puzzles in the future.
 I wanted nachos that were more filling so we threw some chicken seasoned with taco seasoning, black beans and REAL cheese on chips and threw them in the oven.  They were so good!
 Kadence was our main entertainment during the game.  She kept trying new poses.

 We tied ribbons on to our treat bowls so that we could have "super" bowls.

 Shelby of course has to imitate her sister.

It was a horrible game to watch because it wasn't even a close game.  We were just rooting for the Broncos to at least score.  I prefer to have a super tight game because I like the intense back and forth.  There wasn't any hope for the Broncos right from the beginning and somehow it just kept getting worse.  We did enjoy watching the game as a family and I love that I get to share this time with my kids.  I remember watching the Super Bowl with my mom when I was really little.  She would make caramel popcorn and give us cups of Alpha-Bit cereal. (That was HER cereal that she never shared) We always cheered for the 49ers of course.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment