Monday, October 20, 2014

30th Birthday Party!

I think as I continue to get further and further behind on my blogging, I tend to get less and less picky about the grammar, spelling and order of the pictures in each blog.  Sorry!  I really do know how to spell as well as proper grammar.  I also do know how to get my pictures in order, but I just don't have the patience to deal with it to be honest.  So here we go...

David turned 30 this year and because it was such a big year I decided to try to surprise him.  It took me a while to come up with a theme but I decided to go with his favorite super hero, Captain America.  I wanted the party to be before our trip to Comic Con (Sept 5) so that we would all have another reason to wear our Captain America shirts. I wasn't inviting many because I tend to get stressed when I have to coordinate with schedules, etc.  I thought just the 4 of us plus Jeffy would be perfect.  September 1st worked for Jeffs schedule so we went with that.  I had told David that he should use his day off to go fishing.  Although this is a weird suggestion from me, he went because he didn't want to question it! :)  While he was gone the girls and I hurried to decorate and get everything ready for the party.  Jeff came a little early and also helped with the set up.  

Jump to after the party because that is the order of the pictures.  I took David to Hu Hot which is a Mongolian restaurant.  I actually enjoyed it which was shocking.  The other thing that was shocking was that I decided I would finally shoot a gun for the first time.  David knew that when we went on a date for his birthday this would be what we were doing because I had a few questions about the gun ranges.  To say I am not a fan of guns is an understatement.  I just thought it might be nice to do something David enjoyed.  He was shocked when I told him.    The guy at the range was super helpful and understood that I was nervous.  He helped give some advice on which gun to rent based on his wifes distaste for guns and her reaction to shooting a larger gun.  We were the only people in the range at the time and I was so grateful for that because it helped a lot to not have more people in there.  





Here we are, back to the party and decorations...


The girls colored the 3's and shields for his gift bags.



When David came home I had a chair by the garage door with a shirt on it for him to put on
The door also had a 30 on it so he knew it was party time!
The girls helped pick which presents to give and were so excited!


He was pretty spoiled and got a Captain America blanket, watch, lanyard, Under Armor shirt, Pop figure and a few more things that I can't remember right off the top of my head.  Then we pulled out the super secret, unwrapped box for him to open...
It was the theatrical costume that he has been wanting
We then had a fight with the nerf gun shields I found.  it was a lot of fun! It was funny to watch Kadence pick all the nerf bullets up with her toes because she can't bend down to get them.

We have to do a little adjusting to make it a custom fit, but it looked pretty good anyways.


After our date we got back and Jeff left to go home because he had work in the morning.  We all got in the car to head to KFC to finish off the night.  David loves KFC and basically only gets to eat it on his birthday.  
I loved that I found a shirt for everybody including the girls and Jeffy.  I loved that David had a superhero birthday for his 30th, it just seems so fitting because he's so childlike.  I love that he's mine and that I get to experience such big milestones with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment