Saturday, October 25, 2014

Extra Day of UEA!

The school David taught at had Fall Break go from Thurs-Monday and the girls school went from midday Tues-Sunday.  This was good in a few ways.  First, David and I were able to go on a date and run a few errands together after sleeping until 11 on Monday.  Second, it was great to spend all day Wednesday with my girls.  We lounged around for a while, they played, they read their new books, Kadence went to dance....and we made bread.

  I have the worst luck with anything that involves yeast.  I just can't ever get it to rise.  It should be easy, everyone I know can do it except me.  I've tried and tried but bread and rolls just aren't my thing.  The girls love helping me cook so I thought it would be a good activity.  We made the dough and it actually doubled in size!!!  I was so excited and the girls kept congratulating me which was funny.  I told them they must have be my lucky charms.  We loved watching the rolls bake and Shelby suggested we make a loaf of bread with some of the dough.  It was so yummy and we all enjoyed eating many with butter and honey.  I love spending time with my girls and I hope they still enjoy it as they get older. 



No comments:

Post a Comment