Saturday, October 25, 2014

UEA

On the first official day of UEA break we decided to go attempt to hike Ben Lomond Peak.  It was a bit chilly, but we were excited!  I wasn't sure how far I would make it, but we were excited to see how far we could make it so we can try to get further next time. Kadence also was still fighting pneumonia but was 7 days into her antibiotic and doing a lot better than before.  Jeffy came with us too! 
I love these girls of mine!
 We stopped after 3 miles for a snack break and Kadence starting coughing and just wouldn't stop.  She was completely fine until we stopped.  I was doing well and the girls kept telling me "Great job mom, you're doing good!"  They also kept telling Jeff the same thing which confused me so I asked why and Shelby said "Because Jeff is afraid of heights and we are getting pretty high up".  Because we didn't know how Kadence would do as we got higher we decided to turn around and go back down.
 On the way down Shelby found a caterpillar
 She shared it with Kadence
  
I tracked our progress so we could try to beat it.  We went 6.17 miles in 2:35.

Even though we didn't make it all the way to the peak, 6 miles was pretty good for an out of shape mom and an 8 year old on the tail end of pneumonia.  We're hoping to go back in the Spring and see all the flowers and make it further.  The fall colors were amazing!

On Friday we got together with Rachel and Amanda's kids to paint pumpkins at grandma Greens house.  It seemed like all the kids had a lot of fun!

 Kadence wanted to paint "death" AKA Grim Reaper
 Shelby wanted to turn hers into a Ninja Turtle
 David decided to paint a Captain America shield and I painted Jack Skellington



We took our half painted pumpkins home to finish another day.  There were parts we needed to layer and we had to get them in the car at some point to drive them home.  Kadence did her pumpkin 100% by herself this year and is so proud of it.
 David drew a line to keep orange so Shelby could paint all the green.  He then outlined the white parts and Shelby filled them in.  He also outlined the mouth with black.  Shelby added the pupils and the teeth lines.  She told David, "I like your help but it is my pumpkin so I need to do it."


No comments:

Post a Comment