Sunday, April 7, 2013

10 YEARS!

I can NOT believe that David and I have been together for 10 years! On April 8th, 2003 we went on our first date and the rest has been history.  I immediately knew he was the person I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. He's not perfect, but he is absolutely perfect for me.  This prom picture is the closest picture I have to the beginning of our relationship.  I think at this point we had been dating for a month and a week. 

Throughout the last 10 years, I have learned so much about David.  He is silly, annoying, nerdy, smart, helpful, compassionate, loving, messy, spiritual, kind, hard working, passionate, he is quite possibly the best daddy in the whole world and so much more.  We have been through a lot of struggles together.  A lot of pain and heartache.  Through these times I realize that nobody in this world could be as patient with me as he is.  He is my rock.  He sees through my tough exterior and sees the girl inside who needs an extra hug. With his reassurance and support I am able to get through anything!  I love him so much and I'm so happy he chose me. He pushes me to be a better person.  He tolerates me when I'm unkind and he loves me when I'm unlovable.  I have never once doubted that I'm meant to be with him forever.  Thank you David for being an amazing husband, an amazing father and just plain ol' amazing!  I love you more than I could ever express!
 
The other day David and I decided to put together a "mix tape" of songs that have meant something to us over the past 10 years.  Some of them may seem strange but they all make sense to David and I. Some make me laugh, others make me immediately cry and others just simply make me happy.  Each one is from a particular time and it took us a lot of thought to weed out which songs HAD to be on the list.  We didn't want a list of good songs from the past 10 years, rather songs that truly meant something. 
 
Here they are in no particular order:
You Got What I Need- Biz Markie
Kelly Cries- Movie Life
Boys of Summer- The Ataris
Fill Me Up- Staind
Hell Song- Sum 41
Float On- Modest Mouse
Best of You- Foo Fighters
Cute Without the E- Taking Back Sunday
Move Along- All American Rejects
Diary of Jane- Breaking Benjamin
Bless the Broken Road- Rascall Flatts
Glamorous- Fergie
How to Save a Life- The Fray
New Day- Will i am
Shake it- Metro Station
Tonights Gonna be a Good Night- Black Eyed Peas
Coming Home- Diddy
Home- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
If I die Young- The Band Perry
Lost in You- Three Days Grace
Save and Sound- Capital Cities
Born This Way- Lady Gaga
Mr Brightside- The Killers
Hate Me- Blue October
Ohio is for Lovers- Hawthorne Heights
You're Not Alone- Home Grown
Nice and Slow- Usher
White Houses- Vanessa Carlton
Swing Life Away- Rise Against
Firework- Katy Perry
Let it Bleed- The Used
Shimmer- Fuel
Wish You Were Here- Incubus
The Naked and Famous- Young Blood
Moths Wings- Passion Pit
Jump Into the Fog- Wombats
Broken- Seether

No comments:

Post a Comment