Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter!

Let me update you in case you haven't read any of the other posts, I was super sick this Easter and I struggled to get the girls the dresses I wanted....but managed to get them!
 
When I was little I remember my mom hiding our Easter baskets all over the house.  We told the girls and they were kind of expecting it so we hid their baskets.  Shelbys was in our shoe/coat closet...
 The rest of Shelby's gifts were in front of the fireplace...
 Kadence's basket was in our bedroom closet...
 And here's the rest of hers...
 There were a few tears of frustration from Kadence so I'm not sure that we will do this again.  It was fun to see where they thought to look though!  Here the girls are checking out their baskets.  The highlights were the movies, Wreck it Ralph and Peter Pan.  (Shelby LOVES Peter Pan) The Easter bunny also left them Little Golden Books of Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Wreck it Ralph, and Cinderella.  They loved their clothes and PJ's.  Unfortunately the shoes that the Easter bunny bought were a little too big so we have to go to Salt Lake to exchange them.
 Since I was sick and actually felt like death, I chose not to go to church and infect the whole Primary.  I instead got the girls ready and sent them with David to watch Barb and Grandma Joy talk.  I planned to do their hair down, but simply didn't have the energy to.

I love the girls dresses, they loved their dresses and David said so many people commented on them.  So the effort wasn't wasted that's for sure. 
 After church the Joy family came over to eat an Easter lunch.  It was fun to see everyone, but I was struggling to "pretend" I felt ok.  I seriously sounded terrible and David is pretty convinced I had pneumonia based on my wheeze.  It didn't matter to me though because I was already on an antibiotic.  I enjoyed watching the movies with the girls and just having a relaxing sort of evening.  I sure do love them!  I wanted  picture of us regardless of how I felt.
 It was a great Easter weekend and we were so happy to be able to do so many fun things with family and friends.  We wrapped up Spring Break by taking Kadence to the dr for an ADHD evaluation.....shocker.....she has been diagnosed with ADHD.  We didn't give the dr much opportunity to speak about medicating her because David and I both feel she doesn't need it as of now.  Not that we are against medicating her, we just don't feel its needed yet.  We will continue to watch her and make sure we get her started on medication as soon as we see she needs it.  We got home and told the girls: "You know how we tell you not to touch under chairs and tables because people stick gum there? Well, today we are going to go clean all the gum off.  Somebody has to do it and today is our turn." The girls agreed without a single dispute to which we told them....APRIL FOOLS!  We had a good laugh at them and Kadence was trying to act disappointed.  Ha! We then went to Pizza Factory and Fatcats with Jeffy.  The pizza was gross in my opinion, but it was alright.  Then bowling was amazing!  Kadence got a strike, I broke 100 which never happens, Shelby danced the WHOLE time it was her turn and we had a great evening as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment