Sunday, April 7, 2013

Conference

I look forward to conference every 6 months.  Not only for the uplifting messages, but for Priesthood Session.  That may sound a little odd.  In fact, I used to dread Priesthood Session.  To me it meant that I was stuck at home with both girls who were most likely tired and almost EVERY time they were unusually naughty.  About a year or so ago I decided to change that.  I want my girls and I to have traditions all our own.  David has been going to Priesthood session with his dad and brothers for as long as he could.  They then go to Dylans for burgers and/or shakes.  I decided that the girls and I would have a girls night.  This year I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, spend it just the three of us or invite others along.  At the last minute I decided to invite Rachel along.  We were heading in to Famous Daves and thats close to Rachel so it worked great.  Rachel brought Kylah along and the girls had a great time.  The best part is that I had coupons! After tip I paid $21.
 
We the went home, singing Disney the whole way, to another surprise...
I let them set up their pop up Princess tent which excited them enough but I also gave them the Little People Princess castle.  They have wanted it since it first came out.  I bought it when I saw it on sale but haven't had a great chance to give it to them.  I know they are too old for it, but I am obsessed with buying the Little People sets.  I'm hoping to save them for my grandkids.  Even though they are too old now for the Little People sets, they had a blast.  We ended the night with a trip to Wal mart to buy two more sets of princesses.  The girls have been saving their money and decided that they wanted to spend it on more princesses. 
 
Today we watched conference together and I was amazed.  As Dieter Uchtdorf spoke, Shelby told me "Mom! Thats who we talked about the other night for family night!"  I didn't think they even paid any attention, but apparently they did.  They enjoyed listening and we didn't even have to bribe them one bit.  They just sat and snuggled in to us and listened.  Its great that they are old enough now to watch a session of conference without a problem.  Its even nicer that David and I are actually able to listen ourselves.  I sure do love this family of mine, I am truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment