Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Things That Must Go...

Ben Lomonds Administration......The Ogden City School Board....and lastly, Ogden City Schools Superintendent.  (I don't have the time to explain each, and don't think I could be kind while doing it so just trust me)

Politics on Facebook must go.  I don't think you are getting anything but wasted time when you waste your day mindlessly re-posting things you see on FB.  Most don't check the facts before re-posting either which drives me absolutely insane.  If you are truly THAT passionate about Obama being impeached, our gun laws and who should be on welfare......do something about it.  Don't just re-post on Facebook, but petition your state, run for office, set forth to change laws.  You aren't going to change my view or opinion without a good conversation and without putting anyone down.  I know my opinion and I also know that I won't change yours by posting on a social media site.  Not only that, but my opinion won't change anything without action. 

Parents who leave babies home sleeping while picking kids up from school must go.  It has GOT to be abusive.  I have looked it up and in Utah there is no age to leave a child home alone.  The child must be 8 to be left in a car unattended, but there is no age restriction on the home.  To me, that means a child less than 8 should not be left unattended at home as well.  How often to we chat longer than we think?  How many people get in fender benders going to/from school?  What are the odds something could happen to your home or your child while you are away?  To me, the odds might be small but TOTALLY not worth it.  I understand you want your child to nap and that they will be a terror if they get woken up.  I do, I get it.  I just know that as a parent I would never, EVER forgive myself if something happened and I could have stopped it in some way.  A cranky kid is worth having.....so wake them up and take them with you when you leave the house. 

Apple flavored skittles must go.  I don't understand why every so often Skittles decides to change the green from Lime to Apple.  It throws off my whole groove.  It's not that I don't like the apple taste, but I am used to green being lime and I'd appreciate if it stayed that way.  I like to know what I am getting into when I eat my skittles.  If it were to stay apple that would be fine too, but Skittles needs to pick a flavor and stick to it.


Those are a few of my opinions for the day.  Just know that today I was quite opinionated and spared you by not posting EVERY one.  Ha!


1 comment:

  1. your comment about skittles makes me laugh. I prefer it to stay green apple myself.

    ReplyDelete