Tuesday, April 29, 2014

A Little Backed Up...

One day Kadence will kill me for writing this, but I just HAVE to write it down so I don't ever forget.  
As we all know, it is normal to be a little constipated after surgery, anesthesia and narcotics.  Well Kadence had all three of those so we were just waiting for her first poop.  The nurses kept asking me if she had pooped and I kept telling them I had no idea because she goes to the bathroom by herself.  We would ask Kadence, but she always said she didn't know.  Well she had some visitors (Davids aunts and cousins) so we were in the big activity area.  Kadence said she needed to go to the bathroom so I took her.  The doors to the bathrooms by the activity area are much heavier than the one in her room so we have to go with her so she doesn't get trapped inside.  I stood there for quite some time and then this was the conversation:
Me: Are you pooping or something?
Kadence: Ya, I was playing and all of a sudden I thought I have got to poo poo
Me: Or Poopy Doo (As I pointed to the diaper bags called poopy doo)
Kadence: Giggled
Some more time passed....
Me: Are you sure you need to go?
Kadence: Ya, its right there.  Its just hard because I like to squeeze and make a lot of little poops but when I squeeze the poop sucks back up!
Me: Laughing uncontrollably.....Well then just push the whole thing out instead of making little poops
Kadence: Ok, I'll try!
A LOT more time passed....
Me: Maybe we just need to pull up your pants and try in a little while, maybe you just don't need to go yet
Kadence: In a singing voice....Let it go, Let it go, Can't hold it back anymore! (Frozen reference) Then add some giggling.
Me: DYING laughing, bent over and about to pee my pants....I am going to go get your dad because I can't laugh anymore or I'll pee my pants!
I then left to go chat with family while David took a try at getting her to poop. He later explained how their conversation went...
David: Lets just pull up your pants and try in a minute
Kadence: Dad, I'm afraid I'll SHIT MY PANTS!
David: Dying laughing....Honey, don't say shit....more laughing
Kadence: Dad will you check and see if it's coming?!
David: NO I am not going to loo......Ok, yes I'll look.
He could tell it was there, helped her get it out (in a literal gross sense) and then was shocked at the size.
He had to take a picture to show me and she was mortified but he promised to only show me.  The best part of it was that surrounding this massive poop from a tiny girl were sequins sprinkled all around.  Her skirt had sequins and she waited to wear it until she knew she would have visitors.  The sequins fall off all over and we find sequins in her bed still after her not wearing it for weeks and changing her bedding. 

All in all it was hilarious and I'm so afraid I'll forget.  I'm sure that's what she  would prefer, but its too funny to not write down.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment