Friday, April 11, 2014

Pre Surgery Fun

After our vacations to Moab and California (which I will hopefully blog soon) we had two days until we left to Salt Lake.  We tried to do more than just unpack, wash laundry and repack but it was tricky because there was so much that needed to be done.  Not to mention I absolutely hate leaving to stay away from home and not cleaning the house first.  Oh and did I mention David had school, taught school and I had to get sworn in as a CASA member?  Busy for sure!  We did however manage to get to the park for a picnic because we love our family time!


 The girls decided to race...

 Kadence won but Shelby was a good sport.  (She HATES losing)
 David and I had purchased new scooters for the girls recently.  Theres are getting old and we got a good deal so we figured it'd be fun.  We let them ride them over to their friend Chloe and Naomi's house to say "See you after surgery"
 These girls have found some pretty great friends and I love all four to pieces!
 I got sworn in as a CASA and am so excited to take my first case after we get home



 The night before we left for Salt Lake Kadence asked Shelby if she wanted to snuggle.  This was weird because Kadence will only snuggle with her daddy and on very rare occasions me.  She just doesn't really like physical touch as much as Shelby does.  I had to snap a picture because they were just being too cute.  I love that they are such great sisters!
At the end of the day we were so busy with packing and loading up the car that we didn't realize it was our "first date" anniversary until after midnight.  That's what happens when you get busy I guess.  We have always gone on a date to celebrate, but this year we have to do things a bit differently.  I don't mind at all though.  I can't believe that David and I have been together for 11 years.  I know one day I will be married for 50 and look back and think "I thought 11 years was long?  We were still newlyweds!"  I love him so much and am so grateful for the support he is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment