Sunday, April 20, 2014

This Girl of Mine...

I have always been in awe of Kadence's attitude toward life.  She just lives each moment to its fullest.  She knows what is truly important and cares so much for her family.  I have always known she is tough.  I have always known she is a fighter.  I have always known that she can surprise doctors and nurses and make them smile while she does it.  Still I somehow have been completely shocked and inspired by her the past 11 days in the hospital.  There hasn't been a single time that she has complained.  Not even once.  There haven't been any "Why do I have to wear this halo?", "Why me?", "It hurts.", "I don't want to be here in the hospital"....nothing.  Seriously not a single complaint.  Not only that, but the words "I can't" haven't really crossed her lips.  In fact quite the opposite.  I don't baby my kids and push them to figure things out with minimal help.  "I can do hard things" is a motto.  When things like this surgery arise you better believe I will baby them!  Well, I wasn't allowed.  I would ask if she wanted me to do something and it was "No, I can do it."  If I didn't think she could do something she would tell me "I will try."  She seriously has done far more than I ever thought possible in her halo...including riding a tricycle! 
As if this "I can do anything" attitude that refuses to complain wasn't enough, there are some seriously tender moments when she prays.  As she prays she thanks Heavenly Father for doctors and for nurses.  She thanks Him every single prayer.  She also thanks Him for letting her have the surgeries, for helping David and I know what is best for her and for the hospital letting her stay.  My heart just about bursts as her tiny little voice prays with the most sincere gratitude for the trial she is enduring.  Who thanks God for putting 6 pins in your skull?  Well this little girl does!  She has the most amazing attitude and she has taught me so much!  She is such a good example to David, Shelby and I and we are better people because we have her in our lives.  I hope that one day I can be half as tough as her with half her attitude and personality.  She isn't a cup half full kind of gal, she is a cup overflowing kind of gal.  She is just grateful for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment