Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Resurrection Rolls!

Another tradition we have is making resurrection rolls.  This is something we started to teach our girls when they were little and to have an Easter activity centered around Christ instead of eggs.  I didn't think we were going to be able to pull it off.  My girls knew we weren't going to do them this year and they were ok with it, but kept saying they couldn't wait until NEXT Easter so they could do resurrection rolls.  I think it is their favorite part.  (Which makes me happy because it's the part about Jesus)  I brainstormed and figured that if I bought a toaster oven and all the supplies we could do it right in her hospital room.  I had to find a Target which was interesting, find the food section that was really small, the cinnamon was oddly with the gatorade but I found it, make sure I had microwavable bowls....but I got it all!
 The girls were so happy that I figured it out.  It was a little more chaotic than usual and we didn't read the scripture references like we usually do, but it was better than nothing.  I was concerned we were going to get in trouble.  Then because the toaster oven was new it started smelling like burning plastic.  I was freaking out!  Then a nurse Mimi came in and said "Well I'm ok with anything that makes the kids happy, but don't let engineering know."  We were so happy that she let us finish our cooking and just kind of ignored that we were doing anything less than fabulous.  She did say that we probably could do it, we just would have had to have engineering inspect the toaster oven before plugging it in.  (Who has time for that?)




 Pink Giraffe and Batman were the guards this year...



The best part wasn't that we were able to do something fun, that we ate something yummy, that we maintained a bit of normalcy...it was that we were able to maintain the one tradition we have at Easter time that focuses our attention on the atonement and all Christ did for us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment