Sunday, April 20, 2014

Shelby Delby

There is a reason why we didn't have just one kid like we thought would be a good plan and that is because Shelby was needed to complete our family.  Life wouldn't be the same without her.  She can make any of us laugh and is always the first person to notice if someone isn't having a good day.  If you mention your day is less than perfect you can count on a picture from Shelby within ten minutes.  If she doesn't have art supplies handy you will get a hug and/or snuggle.  Sometimes you get a snuggle AND a picture.  She is the most compassionate kid I have ever met in all my life.  She seems very in tune with others feelings and always tries to cheer them up when they are sad or nervous.  She knows how to calm Kadence down if she's scared and turn her nerves into smiles.  She is the best cheerleader a sister could ask for.  I don't think Kadence would be half as tough if it wasn't for her sister cheering her on.  Shelby has been praying for months that Kadence would be strong for her surgeries.  She knows it is hard.  I think at times she wonders why it isn't her.  She gives a lot of hugs, pictures and prizes to her sister to try to help out.  She doesn't mind being stuck in a hospital and hasn't complained once.  She is dying to play in the toy room at the Ronald McDonald house, but she knows that her sister needs her.  She is pretty selfless and will give of her own needs in order to make sure yours are met.  
I know that I have needed her hugs and silly moments to get me through the past 11 days and I know I can count on her to provide me with more for the next 20 or more.  I love her to pieces and I can't imagine her not being in our family.  She's amazing and I'm so happy she's mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment