Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Resurrection Rolls

We started doing Resurrection Rolls last year and will continue doing them every year. My girls LOVE them and so do I! I always forget all the symbolism so if you want you can head to http://homegrownmom.com/creating-family-times/resurrection-rolls-an-easy-easter-treat/1689 For the details. (Ya, I'm so awesome that I don't have any idea how to link over to another site.)


We have been talking to the girls about the last few days of Jesus' life since Sunday. They are really into it and ask a lot of questions. I went and got my picture of Jesus wearing the crown of thorns and showed it to them so they would understand it wasn't like a princess crown. They were both so sad. Shelby had her finger by her little eye (that's what she does when she's nervous or upset) the whole time and said, "Mommy, Jesus is crying....see his tear?" Then Kadence would just hold the picture in her lap almost like she was cradling Jesus and tell us how the mean people hit him LOTS and put thorns on his head....and it hurt him. She was very stuck on the part about the thorns. You could tell she was heartbroken. I almost felt like I should sugar coat it because they were getting so upset by the story. Then I realized it's a good thing for them to realize how much pain and suffering He went through for us.


Tonight we were able to talk about the happier part of the story and talk all about the Resurrection. The girls were very involved and excited about it. Uncle Jeff came over and did them with us too.


The girls wrapping Jesus in a sheet



Daddy putting Jesus in the tomb.


The girls stuffed animals and Jeff helped them guard the tomb.


I got in on it. (Notice how my family generally only gets dressed from the waist up)


Jesus is Risen! He is no longer in his sheet!


Shelby was kind of concerned about the fact that she KNEW she put the marshmallow in, and it wasn't there anymore. I'm so excited for the rest of the week when we color eggs, go on egg hunts, and the Easter Bunny comes but we always try to teach our girls the message behind the holiday.












1 comment: