Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was busy this year, but great!  We went to lunch with friends and it was fantastic.  I was so happy that so many people were available on Christmas Eve.  James, Natalie, Jeff, Taycina, Josh, Amy, Hadlee, Jason, Sage, Brylee, Brian, Ben and Bridgette all were able to come and it was so nice to catch up with everyone.  I'm so thankful that Jeff was willing to watch our girls for a few hours so we could escape their hyper, off the wall excitement for a bit.  Not that we don't love it, but it was exhausting.  We then had to set out to deliver neighbor gifts.  I usually have them completely done and delivered way before now but I just haven't had the energy.  I always make hard candy and put it in cups.  Simple sounding but it takes about 2 hours to do one batch of candy and I have to do 10.  I think I might just make some cookies next year.  We also had a gift for our dear friend Mrs. Gambles that we had to bring out to her house.  We were hoping to get it out sooner, but we got so busy.  Once we got home we were FINALLY able to let the girls exchange their gifts.  We took them to Toys R Us a while back because we got a $20 groupon for $10.  We bought two of them so that each girl could buy the other a present for Christmas.  David went shopping with Shelby and I went shopping with Kadence.  It was so cute how they each tried to find the perfect present and put a lot of time into it.....a lot.  They finally chose the perfect presents and were so excited.  Shelby ACTUALLY kept it a secret which is amazing.  She has a big mouth which runs in the Joy family.  :)  Here is Kadence giving Shelby her gift:


 Here is Shelby giving Kadence her gift:

 I love this hug, it wasn't just a hug...she had to wrap her legs around Shelby because she was that excited
 The were able to play for a bit before it was time to go to the Joy family Christmas party.  It was great fun as usual and of course full of laughs.  Everyone has such a unique personality but I love them all!  The girls had a blast and Kadence kept saying "When we get home we need to just pray, read scriptures and go RIGHT to bed!"  We talked her into opening her new pajamas and snuggling in to watch some of the old classic Mickey Christmas cartoons.  The girls in their new jammies and with their Christmas quilts they got from our last Shriners trip.  David had his "soft kitty" snuggie.  (Big Bang Theory)
We ended the night by sprinkling reindeer food/glitter on the lawn and leaving out a plate of cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.  I sure do love my family and feel so blessed to be able to spend the holidays with them. 
 
 
**When I tucked Kadence in bed and asked her what her favorite part of the day was she said, "When I gave Shelby her present."  Considering she received many presents today I was a little surprised.  I sure love her!

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE your hard candy. Thank you so much. The boys tuck it into their pockets when they go riding and just love it. You are the bestest mom. I love reading your posts and seeing the unconditional love your family has for one another. BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete