Saturday, December 29, 2012

Snow!

Ok, here's another thing I need to be honest about: I hate the hassle of getting the kids bundled up to play in the snow as well as getting them changed and warmed when they get inside.  Because of this, I tell them that they can't play in the snow until it snows enough to cover all of the grass.  I'm terrible I know.  The other day it snowed more than a foot and the girls were thrilled.  Unfortunately we were super busy all day and didn't get to play in it.  The next day we were again super busy but right before dinner we headed out for a bit as the sun went down.  Shelby LOVES snow....she loves anything that can make you wet.  She was absolutely thrilled.  She was a little frustrated that the snow was powder instead of the good "packing" snow meant for snowballs and snowmen but she was still excited!

 Kadence has always loved making snow angels.  Its the first thing she does in the snow every time.

 The side of the driveway was really high where David threw the snow he shoveled and the girls had fun climbing on it.
 Shelby kept pretending she was flying.  She would put half her body over the edge and her arms out to feel as though she was soaring.  They make me laugh!
We couldn't stay out long because my girls get cold super fast.....just like their mommy!  We went in and Shelby immediately asked for "Hot cocoa cocoa" to help her warm up.  Hopefully I can stop being such a pain and let them venture out more this year than years past.  Playing in the snow all day long is something I remember doing when I was little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment