Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Things that must go...

The radio station that I listen to in the morning has a segment called "Things that must go" where they tell their own things they wish would go.  I think I am going to periodically do a list of my own.  Mind you these are all just opinions and generalizations and I don't mean to offend anyone.

1. Driving down the middle lane like its a lane in an attempt to merge.  This is especially irritating if you A. need to get in the middle lane in order to make a left hand turn and B. if there is nobody behind you.  Can't they pause for 2 seconds and merge after the traffic has passed them?  I have seen a car drive 3 blocks down the median recently and it was so ridiculous.   

2. People who have lost the respect to stay until something is finished.  At the girls dance recital recently they were the first on stage.  Many of the parents decided they would leave immediately after their own children danced.  There were about 12 dances all about a minute and a half long....really?!  You can't sit and support the other dancers because a half hour is that important to you?  I made sure to explain to my girls that it is important to stay and support everyone who comes after you because they supported you.  Hopefully this is something I can teach my kids.  I am sick of people trying to hurry out so they can miss the crowd and traffic.  I think it is rude and disrespectful.  Staying 10 minutes longer would also eliminate the crowd and most of the traffic but that wouldn't be convenient I guess.  At Davids graduation I took a picture before the end of the commencement.  Mind you the entire section up to the stairs was reserved for graduates....this is what was left BEFORE it had even ended....
It went from over 200 people in this setion to about 50.  Unacceptable and rude.  Of course there are times when you don't have much choice but to leave, but I think people do it regularly now.

3. People who are vague on Facebook.  They post something very interesting that gets you alarmed, worried and invested in what is happening and if you ask what is going on they say something to the effect of "I don't want to say."  If you didn't want to say.....don't say anything!  Don't get us invested in your life only to shut the door in our face. (figurativey)  I have many people who do this and I have mentioned it to a few of them.  Some of them don't realize they are being vague or that their post could come off as alarming but others do it and don't care.  Ah well, I guess I have the right to ignore it and they have the right to post what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment