Saturday, December 29, 2012

Projects...

Christmas brought many crafty things for my girls to do.  Its the perfect time for crafty things since we have plenty of time during the break to do them.  I struggle finding the time during school.  I'd love to say that we get out the paints and craft every time my girls want to, but I simply don't have the energy most days and so we don't.  The first thing hey decided to do was on Christmas day.  We bought them build a bear stuffed animals that they do at home.  Shelby specifically requested this gift and wanted a bunny with a pink dress.  Umm, ok?  Kadene wanted to go to build a bear and make one so we got a gift card to do that later.  I did happen to find Shelby a bunny that had a pink dress after some time looking on the internet and I got Kadence a rock star cat.  They LOVED making their new stuffed animals and they are in an elite club that gets to sleep in bed with them.  :)
 
 



 

 
 The next project they chose to do was to form their own crystals.  Santa left them a few science projects in their stockings that he found at the dollar store....I mean that his elves made.  Here are the girls preparing the cardboard piece that would soon grow the crystals on it. 

Now, you may have thought I was trying to be "artistic" or something with the above pictures.  I mean it was just their tiny fingers and the cardboard piece.  Well here is the truth:  It was 3 in the afternoon and I still hadn't done their hair.  It was the mess left from the day before.  Also in the background you can see pants hanging on the chairs to dry. (If I put them in the dryer it's hopeless.  No amount of squats can fit me back into my pants) So that is the truth, you're welcome!
 About a half hour later we already could see some crystals forming
 Here are the trees almost a full day later.  The girls were absolutely thrilled and I was super happy that it actually worked.  I mean the kits were only a dollar so I didn't get my hopes up.
 Finally, Shelby got a new piggy bank from Kadence in their "sister gift exchange".  She loves piggy banks and carefully selecting which bank to put her coins in when I give her my spare change.  This piggy bank combined her love of piggy banks and her love to be artsy.  She was able to decorate and design her own bank.  She, being the sweet girl she is, allowed Kadence to help her color her pig.  Here she is transferring some money into her new bank
Happy girl and a piggy that is decorated and ready to be filled.
 I seriously love these two girls SO much and love the way they delight in the small things. It doesn't matter what we do, they just love doing things together.  I hope that it continues throughout their teenage years or this mom might get her heart broken.  (Totally kidding, but I will demand a few hours of their time every now and again)

No comments:

Post a Comment