Saturday, December 29, 2012

Joy Christmas Party

The Joy Christmas party was the Sunday before Christmas this year so I have to add pictures of the girls in their Christmas dresses.  For some reason this is something I never blog about but is so important to David.  One thing he ALWAYS wants is to be able to give the girls a new dress for Christmas and Easter.  He said it is something he immediately envisioned when knowing he would have a daughter.  No matter how much or how little we have in the bank we will always find a way to get our girls a new dress for both holidays.  I find no shame in saying that he has had to donate plasma in order to get the funds before....but hey, it worked out. I usually get coordinating but have never gotten matching before.  I just loved this skirt so much so I dressed them almost identically.  People already think they are twins and dressing them alike didn't help much.





 After church we were able to eat delicious food prepared by Dale and Connie and then we started in on the presents.  Dale and Connie always do a game with gifts that nobody knows what are.  It's really fun and we get some awesome things.  Jeff got all 3 nieces a doodle bear and Shelby was a little more than excited.
 Brylee wasn't super into opening the presents this year....maybe next year
 Grandma and Grandpa Joy got the girls a tablet and Kadence squealed "I got an ipad like yours mom!"  Its not an ipad but they are both thrilled!  I am excited because it will make dr visits that much nicer.
 After the party we headed down to temple square with Jeff, Ashley and Breanne

 David took this picture and I love it

 Jeff started the cycle of "planking" at the temple




 Ashley and Breanne let us know that they had candy windows at ZCMI.  We took a little stroll over and it was amazing.  They had tons of designs made entirely of candy.
It was fun as usual and another tradition that I hope to keep going.  My family went most years and it was always something that I looked forward to.  We are hoping to add a carriage ride to the adventure next year.  We always want to and never do.....next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment