Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas!

It was yet another perfect Christmas for us.  The girls had asked 4 different Santas for a Furby this year and Santa delivered.  I again tried to keep Christmas smaller scale because I get so carried away.  I think I did pretty well this year EVEN with the stocking.  Last year I tried to tone down Christmas and the stocking was packed completely full of too many things.  Here is what Santa left.
 The elves blocked off the living room again...tricky elves
 The girls came running out and couldn't find their stockings....really?  As you can see in this picture they are in plain site.  Shelby was looking near the fireplace:
 Kadence couldn't find it so she grabbed a present from under the tree (That had been there a few days) and started unwrapping.  I don't even know if it was her present to be honest.
 With a little help and direction they found their stockings AND their furbys (And these faces crack me up!)
 Kadence always daintily goes through her stocking and Shelby dumps it all over the floor
 Once Shelby dumps it out....so does Kadence!
 While they went through their stockings we got their Furbys working
 They wanted to eat before opening the presents from mom and dad.  Its always been a tradition for David to eat Lucky Charms on Christmas morning and the girls were delighted we found chocolate Lucky Charms
 I didn't take any pictures of the girls opening their own presents but got a few of them opening the presents for the family

I failed to get very many pictures of the rest of the day because I had a terrible cold.  I just enjoyed watching the girls from the couch most of the day. We cooked a ham which always smells so good to me and lounged around.  We watched E.T together which we got for Christmas and the girls loved it!  I wasn't positive since it could be a little scary too.  Even with my cold I thought the day was perfect.  The girls were SO happy and that is truly my favorite thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment