Monday, December 24, 2012

Homemade Christmas

David is the most thoughtful, caring, amazing husband that I know.  He knows that I don't like "things" and that I only like things that have a use.  I usually get clothes for every birthday because that is all that I can see myself spending money on.  This Christmas he decided to do something that took A LOT of effort and coordination on his part.  He isn't the coordinator in this family so I know that was a very large part of why this was the best present I have ever been given.  He went outside his comfort zone, worked daily for months and surprised me with this:
 
 This binder might not look like much on the outside, but on the inside it has the most priceless letters to me.  Every single one from someone that I love dearly.  Everyone told me why they loved me, a favorite memory of us, etc.  Some were expected, but some were not.  He contacted my best friend, McKenzi and her family.  He got a letter from my dad and step mom.  He had each niece and nephew write a letter or color a picture.  My step dad (whom I call dad) even wrote a letter and he simply hates expressing his feelings.  I was speechless and often left in tears.  Every day from Thanksgiving until tonight I have gotten a letter to put in my binder.  It has been the most sincere gift that has meant the most to me.  (Here's Shelbys page)
I am truly grateful for all the people who took the time to put their feelings about me into words.  "Thank you" just simply isn't enough.  It has meant the world to me and I will forever cherish each and every letter.  Thank you David for giving me the best present ever.  I love you so very much and know that I will never be able to thank you enough for giving me such a thoughtful, perfect present this Christmas.
 
This set the tone for a few of our gifts.  Sometimes presents mean more when they are personal and homemade instead of store bought.  We made my mom and step dad this present with the girls feet prints: 
 We made Davids parents this tree on canvas with the girls hand prints:
Each present was made with love and I think they turned out perfectly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment