Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blog

I have thought about the blog and why I do it recently and I have decided that I do it as a way to journal. I also realized that I almost filter it though which is upsetting to me. I guess I just don't want to sound like a whiner, or someone who is always negative so instead I just showcase the fun times we have as a family. I am going to start blogging as a way to have a permanent journal. I will not only tell about the adventures our family has, but the times when I feel totally defeated. I am not looking for sympathy, I just sometimes find it therapeutic to get things out. I also like that anything that is on here I can access from any computer. I have always been afraid of losing all of our memories to a fire or flood and having nothing. I might go back and post some pictures from the girls infancy so that I have them forever. Don't get me wrong, I back up my files but my picture Cd's and stick drives are all in the same house as the computer. :) So as you read my blog just realize I'm not writing about the bad times to try to get attention, I'm doing it for me. You by no means have to read it, I just want to be truthful and I haven't been so far with my "online journal"

3 comments:

  1. GO read my post from today about Wednesdays. We can do my goal together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to follow your example. I need to show not only the good times, but also the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the same thoughts. I've since uploaded a lot of my photos to Walmart.com's photo site. (I'm actually not sure if it's a permanent site or if they delete some after a time, I need to look into it.) Also, I've started my personal journal on a private blog site. I've always kept a journal, but this way it's also easier to print and make copies if any of my kids are crazy enough to want copies after I'm gone. Private in that I'm the only one allowed to view it. (Well, me and Brandon) This so if, heaven forbid, my house burns down, it's always there to retrieve.

    ReplyDelete