Saturday, June 19, 2010

Fathers Day Treat

Ok, I was again influenced by my friend Andrea who had posted these cute brownies on her blog. I am just so lucky to have creative friends! You make the brownies as directed on the box and put them in foil cupcake wrappers in a cupcake tin. There aren't directions on how long to bake them, but I did mine for 30 minutes at 325 degrees. You then sprinkle orange sugar sprinkles on the brownies to make it look like the embers. With chocolate icing you put stripes on the brownies to make it look like a grill and then add grill marks to the food. WA LA a tasty treat for dad! David loved them since brownies and BBQ's are two of his favorite things.
For hot dogs I cut Mike and Ikes in half

For hamburgers I balled up chocolate taffy and then smashed it flat

Andrea did the hot dogs, plus pork chops and kabobs
For pork chops you shape the square carmels into the pork chop shape

For the kabobs you put layered pieces of carmel, and cut up gum drops on a toothpick

GREAT idea Andrea...Keep them coming!!!



3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I am totally stealing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute!!! i love it! i love all the updates. you guys have such a cute little family. i love the new take on blogging. i think we're all guilty of sugar coating things...but it's the blogs that are real that i love the most

    ReplyDelete