Tuesday, June 29, 2010

First 5K

On Thursday, I completed my very first 5K! I thought it was on July 24th not June 24th so I was very unprepared physically and mentally. I figured since I was so unprepared, I would go walk it and give myself a time to beat at my next 5K in August. David and Jeff walked with me, so it was nice. The route went around the Nature Park, so there were tons of mosquitoes. That was not my favorite. :) We ended up running across the finish line because we came around the corner and saw that we had 45 seconds until 50 minutes. We ran and ended up across the finish line just before 50 minutes. My goal for August is to finish in 40 minutes. I'm not a fan of running, and I am not thinking I'm an athlete who can finish in 25 minutes. I am setting a realistic goal which is still 10 minutes faster than my time. The funniest part about the whole thing was when we checked in and were given our shirts and water bottles, they told us that we were both random winners. (We had a number on the bottom of our water bottles) David and I went to see what we had won, and I was excited that I won a womens jacket. Then we looked to see what David won.....a womens jacket! It was SO funny! The jacket is actually really nice and says Ogden Regional in the corner very discretely on the pocket. I figure I'll wear it camping. For $10 each we both received a shirt, a water bottle, a granola bar, and a womens jacket. You just can't beat that! I won't tell you it was a fun experience, but it was nice to be able to enjoy one of Davids hobbies with him.

1 comment:

  1. You did incredibly well. It was a lot of fun to do that with you.

    ReplyDelete