Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Whirlwind of Emotions

So tonight is Kadence's first dance recital and she is SO excited. If you would have asked me a year ago, I would have told you there was no way she would ever get in front of a crowd let alone up on stage. I think she is going to get up there without a second thought tonight. Will she dance? I'm not sure, but she is happy to be up there to show all of her family her bumblebee dance. I would assume most moms would just be delighted or maybe a tiny bit stressed with their child's first performance. I'm both of those, but at the same time I am a bit of an emotional wreck. When Kadence was born and the NICU team was able to get her on life support and stable enough for the nurses to leave for a minute, Kadence had her first Priesthood blessing from her Grandpa Joy. (David didn't have the Priesthood yet) The blessing assured us that Kadence would be just fine and would continue to amaze the Dr's. After the blessing David's dad told David that he saw Kadence a few years from then dancing. It was hard the next month to have enough faith to know that she would be ok, because the Dr's kept telling us otherwise. We were told she was brain dead at one moment, blind another, might not survive one minute to making progress the next. It was a roller coaster and that whole time we just held on to that first blessing she had before her first life flight. We knew that if we had enough faith, she would pull through. It was especially hard since she code blued within 24 hours resulting in her 2nd life flight. The past few days Kadence has had rehearsals, pictures, and a dress rehearsal all leading up to today. I keep telling David that I will probably bawl like a baby when I see my princess up there dancing. It is almost the end of a trial in her life. Finally being able to get up on stage and dance like her blessing said she would do. I was so afraid that with her castings, she wouldn't be able to take a dance class, but she has done just fine. Her teacher and the studio have worked so well with her. So tonight I will record an event that will be hilarious I'm sure, but at the same time our little girl will be showing what a true miracle she is. I love her so much and am so happy that she is such a strong girl.

4 comments:

  1. This post touched my heart, thanks. Kadence will do so well tonight:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing accomplishment. I am glad that you had a glimmer of hope through the priesthood to help you through those tough times. I hope she shines on stage tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this story. My eyes even leaked a little! I'm so thankful everyday for my children and their health. I admire you as a mother and your strength with all that you have been through. You are truly a hero to me and I hope some day I can be half the mom you are!

    ReplyDelete