Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Camp Sadness

This is kind of going to be a whiny blog, I'm trying to warn you so that you don't get annoyed. :)


A lady who used to live in our ward runs a preschool. She moved to Roy and she moved her preschool with her. I debated bringing Kadence there, but decided I wouldn't want to make the drive in the winter so I put her in a preschool at Ben Lomond which is blocks away. I was a little bummed because she is absolutely AMAZING with kids and does so many fun things with them. She then let me know she was going to be running a summer camp. It would run from today through the end of July. I was SO excited that Kadence would finally be able to play with Teacher Chistel.
Unfortunately, Kadence will still be in cast. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, except she overheats very quickly and can only do about 15-20 minutes outside most days. She was originally going to be getting her cast off on July 1st so we signed her up for camp. Shriners then let us know that we would have to wait until July 21st, so we had to pull her out of camp. (She could tough out 2 classes, but not the whole camp) I hate that our summer is stuck inside, I hate that we can't play in the pool or the sprinklers, I hate that we can't just go on a hike when we want to, I hate that Kadence is getting heat rashes from her cast, and I hate that my poor princess who loves the outdoors has to be kept inside or drug inside after she has barely had a chance to play. This next month is going to be a long one and it is already wearing on mom and dad! Depending on the day, we are able to play outside in the morning for quite a bit longer which is nice.
Don't get me wrong, I know there are far worse things and I have seen them first hand. I would take our trial over anyone else's. I am thankful to have Kadence be as healthy as she is, despite what the doctors thought. I know that there are kids who sit in the hospital day in and day out and I know how truly blessed we are to be in the comfort of our own home. I know there are many brightsides to our trial, but for just one post I want to be able to say THIS SUCKS!

2 comments:

  1. Is there any way that you could get one of those misters? That way you could keep her cool, without getting her cast wet. Cabin fever is the worst. Especially when the weather is nice out. Hang in there; it will be off soon, and then you will be in DISNEYLAND!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a mister, I'll try it out. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete