Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Confessional

I CONFESS....Today was by far one of the most interesting Dr appointments I have had. I had to go for my yearly exam.....YIPEE....and my Dr is always scheduled pretty far out unless you are pregnant. I refuse to change Drs because when you find someone you trust completely, why change? Because of this, I drive to Logan. I did it through my entire pregnancy with Shelby which was high risk so it had more appointments than usual and most of them were in the winter. I just can't say enough good about him. Because of him we have Kadence and that is the best gift EVER. He didn't deliver her, but before heading home after a long night of deliveries he trusted his instincts and ordered a precautionary ultrasound, which resulted in us knowing our baby was in danger. If he hadn't taken the time to send us for an ultrasound...if he had been in a hurry to get home for a few hours sleep before his wife left him with 5 kids while she went to Girls Camp....if he wasn't thorough, we wouldn't have our Kadence here today. Every minute made a difference and I won't ever be able to express my thanks to him. Anyways, back to the Dr appointment......I didn't have a broken knee when the appointment was made so I had no idea that I would be in a knee brace with limited mobility for my appointment. I was so worried about how it was going to go and mentioned it to the assistant. She was funny and said, "If things aren't working out well, I'll just come over and hold your leg up." It made me laugh and calmed my nerves a bit. Needless to say, the appointment went fine, but I wouldn't recommend a yearly physical in a knee brace. (Ha, that was probably more information that anyone wanted to know)

I CONFESS....I LOVE Logan. I didn't always love it when I was there, but I sure do miss it now. Just driving back through the canyon and entering the valley was AMAZING! David and I talked about different memories the whole way up. It was a nice little adventure and we secretly hope to live in Logan one day and have David be a professor at Utah State. That's our little dream anyways.

I CONFESS....I'm not a huge ice cream fan. When I am in the mood for ice cream, I can devour it, but I'm not usually in the mood. I don't know why, I LOVE sweets so you would think I would love ice cream....but NOPE!

I CONFESS.....I can NOT believe that Kadence is starting Kindergarten this year. She's still so little and I'm sure she will be the smallest in her class. She is so excited which makes me excited for her. I love watching her get excited about meeting new friends and learning new things. Her happiness is definitely contagious! I just don't feel old enough to have a Kindergartner.

I CONFESS....I am one heck of a cranky mommy when I don't get enough sleep! If one of the kids has me up all night I am not a nice person the next day. David has learned to let me sneak a 10 minute power nap and I am a much nicer person after the fact. Being a mom isn't always the easiest job, but it is the best job out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment