Saturday, August 13, 2011

Shoes!

Its no secret that my girls watch a lot of tv. Part of that includes commercials. They hadn't really ever asked for anything they saw on a commercial until they saw one for "Twinkle Toes Skechers." They talked about them constantly for over a month. They asked repeatedly if they could save money to buy them. It was kind of cute, but the shoes are....not as cute. Daddy couldn't resist and so he asked if we could get them for back to school shoes. Why not? Well, I'll tell you why not. They are not the cutest shoes, they are bright, ugly, ridiculously over the top, and they light up! I hate light up shoes! I researched online and I found a few pairs that were Twinkle Toes, but didn't light up. Perfect! I got both pairs for a pretty good deal and was excited to see the girls reactions. They were SO happy and SO incredibly excited. I tried them on and....they didn't fit! Of course! For some reason they were too big on both of them. We decided to return them, and hunt for new shoes that might not be the coveted Twinkle Toes. The girls understood and didn't throw a fit which surprised me. We headed out to Famous Footwear because they had their Buy one Get one half off deal going PLUS we printed a coupon for an extra 20% off. AMAZING! We got there and they didn't have a great selection, but the only ones the girls had eyes for was.....the stinkin' Twinkle Toes! They only had two different styles so that gave us little to no options. The girls tried on the exact same size as I had ordered and somehow they fit. You're kidding me! Here are the terrible shoes that make my babies so happy!


Here is the worst part about the shoes!


Kadence left with a lecture on when it was ok to tell people about her shoes and stomp her feet and when it wasn't after she said, "I'm going to yell 'Hey friends my shoes light up!'" We will be making a call to Aunt Barb to apologize in advance for the disruption this may cause to her Kindergarten class. We told her she could only do it at recess, but she is so excited I don't know if we can contain it! Lesson learned throughout all of this? The girls have their daddy wrapped around their finger!

1 comment:

  1. Abbie has Matt wrapped around her finger too. Not my favorite shoes, but at least your girls are happy. That is how I feel about the ugly CARS Crocs that Asher just got... hideous, but he is happy.

    ReplyDelete