Friday, August 26, 2011

Our Healthy Family Celebration!

Every year since 2006 we try to celebrate August 5th. Not only because it is Grandpa Joys birthday, but because it is the day we took our sweet fragile little Kadence home from the hospital. She was a day shy of a month old and we were thrilled she was coming home so soon. Ya Ya, we have all heard my sappy story and me gush about how grateful we are to the many Dr's who helped our precious girl beat the odds. ANYWAYS....we decided that every year we would celebrate her homecoming. After having Shelby we realized that it wasn't very fair to celebrate Kadence's homecoming and not Shelbys because both were significant. We decided we would still celebrate every year on the 5th, but we would instead celebrate being together, being happy, and being alive.


This year I was having a rotten, crumby, no good sort of day on the 5th. I didn't really feel like doing anything. I was feeling sorry for myself because I wasn't able to do very much with my knee. I was down in the dumps and just couldn't snap out of it. Then it made me so frustrated because I am so very blessed and have so much to be grateful for. For goodness sakes, that's what we were celebrating today after all.....being alive! Even still I couldn't snap out of it and that just seemed to make me more frustrated.


We finally decided to head off on our adventure. We decided to go to The Oaks and sit outside to eat fries, onion rings and of course ice cream. This is one of our favorite things to do. We love sitting out by the river and enjoying some ice cream. The girls were so cute and loved every second of it. It was amazing how quickly I was able to stop my pity party when I was with the people I love, and we were all alive and healthy.


I love my girls so much and am so grateful to have both of them in our lives. I'm not saying things don't get frustrating, but we always end the day with giggles, hugs, and stories. I love being a mommy to them and can't imagine my life without them.


Here are a few pictures taken with my phone.







No comments:

Post a Comment