Thursday, August 25, 2011

Just Random Things...

So tonight as we were getting ready to read scriptures we were trying to tell Kadence she needs to be nice to everyone in Kindergarten. We tried to stress being nice even when others aren't and being nice to those who might not be nice to her. Then she tried to explain a scenario to us. 'I'll be nice even if someone punches me like this (demonstrated punching her leg)' we told her that if that happened she should tell Miss Joy but, yes she should still be nice. Then another scenario, 'I'll be nice even if someone punches me in the mouth because I'm talking.' it was SO hard for David and I not to laugh historically because she was being very serious. Where did she even learn about punching? I can't remember ever talking about it or hearing the girls talk about it before. Oh well, I'm just happy she'll be nice to everyone.

I think it's funny to go in public and continuously be sked if the girls are twins. They aren't which I feel is obvious, but then again I'm their mom. You wouldn't believe how many times a day we get asked, 'Are they twins?' It's to the point that sometimes when people say Hi to the girls, Shelby says 'We're not twins.' it makes me laugh. The thing I find a little weird is that some people don't believe me when I tell them they aren't twins. Why would I lie? It's just silly.

I love having my girls so close in age. I was nervous when I was pregnant and strangers didn't help that at all. Throughout my pregnancy with Shelby people constantly told me how hard it would be and how tough it would be to have two girls SO close in age. Really?! Why tell an already pregnant woman that she's going to regret having two kids so close. It hasn't been super easy all the time but I really love how close they are. They are best friends and care so much about each other. I don't know if they would be as close had they been further apart on age.

No comments:

Post a Comment