Friday, May 30, 2014

Birthday Weekend!

I officially entered my last year in my 20's.  I was so lucky though because I had a long weekend full of fun because my birthday was on Saturday and Memorial Day was the following Monday.  I put shoes on because....well....it was a special occasion after all. 
 David and I went and saw Blended and then went to Elements for lunch.  It was so nice of Jeff to come watch the girls.  We are really nervous to leave Kadence with anyone because of her restrictions.  She needs some reminding and we need someone very attentive who understands why its so important to follow the rules to a T.  After the movie David changed to shorts, I changed to more comfortable shoes and put my hair in a pony tail.  We can only handle being fancy for so long.  I wanted to walk to get sno cones from my favorite place, Aloha Snow Shack.  It's 2.5 miles away but my girls are great at going on adventures.  We put Kadence in a stroller because 5 miles is still a bit too much for her at this point.  
 I didn't even make it a mile before I ditched the shoes and walked barefoot.  It was too hot for shoes.  We took our time and ate at the tables before walking back home.  
 Parks are a big no no for us this summer which is so sad because we love parks.  It's one of our favorite things to do.  When we walk by a park I usually let Shelby hurry down the slide once.  I decided that we could probably figure out a way to let Kadence go too.  I walked her up...and guarded her from the kid who tried to shove her to the side to get by.  I then carefully sat her on my lap and made sure I had her sitting upright.  Away we went and I was able to make sure she didn't have any impact at the end.  Success!!
 We finished the night off with Bridesmaids because I love that movie. After putting the girls to bed of course. The following day we went to see Megan and her family down in Ogden.  We walked around Beus Pond for a while.  Then we went to the drive in to watch Godzilla and Blended.  I bought some snap fireworks for the kids to play with while we waited for the movies to start.  I figured that's something Kadence could do.  As you can see in the picture below, she still found a way to twist around behind her which is a no no.  



 David started teaching Kadence how to use a pocket knife
 She got to try it out for the first time ever and was so excited!
 Shelby wanted a picture and she tried so hard to keep her eyes open.  Ha!
 For Memorial Day we decided to take a little hike on a nature trail and have a picnic.  Jeff drove up and joined us which always makes things more fun! It isn't a long hike, but at some points it was a little steep and Kadence made me nervous.  It's hard for her to go up/down steep without falling and she isn't supposed to fall.  We helped her and she went slow and we successfully avoided injury.  

 That evening David and the girls started working on their rockets.  The girls got them primed and painted.  Now they are a little closer to being able to launch them.  

My birthday weekend was perfect!  I was surrounded by my favorite people and we did my favorite things.  I enjoyed getting messages from my close loved ones.  Unfortunately if it isn't on Facebook, nobody knows it's your birthday.  I posted the night of my birthday and had people tell me they didn't realize it was my birthday.  I even had someone ask why I was being sneaky.  I didn't realize it was being sneaky to not publish my birthday for the world.  It was odd to me.  I had some family and close friends who didn't know it was my birthday at all and I won't lie...it stings.  It does make me even more grateful for those who did take time out of their day to call me, text me and help me celebrate.  I am truly surrounded by some of the greatest!!  It's not in the quantity of people who love me, but the quality and I'd say that those I have in my court are the highest quality so I'm very blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment