Sunday, May 4, 2014

Easter

I had prepared well in advance to have the girls Easter all ready to go because I knew we would be in the hospital.  I still told them the Easter bunny might get confused and go to our house.  The morning came and Kadence looked and didn't see any baskets.  She said "Nope, he didn't come here." I didn't leave a basket at the hospital because Caroline had told us she was making baskets for both girls at the hospital.  Well, they weren't there when Kadence woke up so I'm glad I prepped her.  Shelby called to tell Kadence the Easter bunny came to the Ronald McDonald house.
Here's what he left
The bunny delivered to Kadence's room a little after she woke up 
 She opened her basket while we waited for her sister and loved playing with her pooping chicken
 Easter dresses!






 The highlight of Shelbys morning was the spider crawling on the window.  She loves bugs!

 The Shupes came up to spend their Easter with us.  Rachel put together an egg hunt

 I love the leg stretched so far back


 Katlyn found the silver egg
 Jeff also came....and this just seemed like a great time
 Kalli found the gold egg

 All of us

 Here's the picture I sent out wishing everyone a Happy Easter!
 Kadence learned to pop a wheelie in the wheelchair 
 Aaron figured out how to make a train with the wagon.  We fit 6 kids and myself on the train.
David and I had agreed a while ago that we wouldn't do holidays with anyone but our family.  Or at least we wouldn't go anywhere on the holidays.  It was so incredibly nice of Rachels family to share their day with us.  It isn't very often that they get to spend the holiday together and the fact they were willing to come spend it in the hospital means a lot to us.  Their Easter bunny hides their baskets and two of their kids still hadn't found them by the time they left to come up.  Rachel made a ham dinner and it was nice to sit and eat it together.  The cafeteria had tacos and that just didn't seem like much of an Easter dinner to us.  I'm so glad we had a great time despite being in the hospital and I'm so grateful to have such great family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment