Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mothers Day

We realized we would be spending Mothers Day in the hospital this year and I feel terrible because Kadence actually apologized that we wouldn't be able to go out.  Usually we go out to the Oaks or stay a night in a hotel, something fun as a family.  This year I assured her that all I wanted was to be with both my girls and it didn't matter where we were.  I requested David get me an Oreo ice cream cake from Ben and Jerry's.  We soon found out that there isn't a Ben and Jerry's in Salt Lake anymore....or Utah for that matter.  He waited until we knew for sure where to pick up the cake and then ordered it.  We received the most amazing news EVER, we would be going home before Mothers Day!  This meant not only could we be at home, but we would also have time to settle in a little bit first.  David came through on my cake request except they will only do it with cake at Cold Stone Creamery.  I don't really like cake and will only eat it on a rare occasion but I definitely don't like cake and ice cream to touch! I didn't even care because at least we would be eating it at home.  We started on the cake on Saturday when he picked it up and finished it on Sunday.  I also woke up to a book, treats and cards from my girls.  David had gotten us all flowers a few days early and the girls gave me potted flowers at the hospital.  They had decorated the pots with Caroline and were so proud of them.  I'm so loved by all three of them and I am so grateful to be called mommy!


 David also got each girl a dress and some earrings that he gave them on Mothers Day.  He wants to make sure they always feel special.  (I of course helped pick it all out)  The day after Mothers Day Shelby made me a crown.  I guess she wanted to make it for me on Mothers Day but dad forgot to get her some scissors down.  I thought it was so cute of her to try and make me feel special on my day.  
Words can not express how happy I was to be in my own home with my family.  I'm already the luckiest girl in the world to have such a great husband and two amazing girls.  I love them all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment